- Madonna has been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 3 times, won 7 Grammy Awards, and holds 10 Guinness World Records including best-selling female artist and most successful female solo artist.
- Despite her religious background (not to mention her name), Madonna has “been excommunicated from the Catholic Church three times” due to her lyrics and antics on stage including simulated masturbation and a mock crucifixion. Today she may have turned a corner. She was recently quoted saying “Rules are for fools. That’s why I like the new pope. He seems very open-minded.” She then proceeded to dedicate her song “Like a Virgin” to Pope Francis.
- Madge (her least favorite nickname) is one smart lady! In school she was a straight “A” student, and her IQ is 140.
- Before dropping out to move to New York, Madonna attended the University of Michigan on a dance scholarship.
- In her early years, before going solo, Madonna drummed for a band called The Breakfast Club. One of the later members was American Idol judge Randy Jackson.
- Although known more for her music, Madonna has acted in 22 films. Some were praised, others were panned. The highlight: Madonna won a Best Actress Golden Globe for her performance in the musical Evita.
- Her 2008 Sticky & Sweet tour remains the highest-grossing concert tour of all time by a female artist.
- Singer, songwriter, actress, musician, dancer, mother and yes, also an author. To date, Madonna has published 10 books, from children’s books to her book simply titled SEX.
Just to highlight that Madonna is the mother of all reinvention, we thought we would share two of the books she’s published over the years.
Madonna’s Sex book on Amazon.
This one is hard to find these days!
We also found one at The Strand!
The English Roses – The first in a series of children’s books by Madonna